Tombras, a 330+ person, full-service, national advertising agency, is seeking a SEO Manager with 3+ years of dedicated SEO experience in an agency setting.
This position is remote to start and will be based at our headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee or Atlanta, Georgia when our offices reopen.
Why Join Tombras’ Integrated Search team?
You’ll be joining an Ad Age 2019 A-List Agency. Blurring the lines between a creative agency, a digital agency and a management consultancy, we are one of the largest and fastest-growing independent agencies in North America. Our digital offering is married to the discipline and rigor of our Effie-winning strategists and Cannes Lion-winning creative directors. We are united by our philosophy: Connecting Data & Creativity for Business Results®.
Besides working with national and global brands in a fun work environment, we’re a family-oriented team. If you’re the type who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing digital environment with creative problem-solving abilities then this position is for you.
We’re a nationally recognized team of elite search engine marketers. In 2019 our team won Best Use of Search - Retail / E-commerce at the US Search Awards. We’re a two-time winner of the BrightEdge EDGIE SEO Award. Tombras was also recognized as a finalist for the following categories at the 2019 U.S. Search Awards:
- Best Small Integrated Search Agency
- Best PPC Campaign
- Most Innovative Search Campaign
- Best Use of Search – Retail/Ecommerce
- Best Use of Search – Health
- Best SEO Campaign
SEO Manager Position Summary:
This position will report to the SEO Director. A successful candidate will have 3+ years of dedicated SEO experience in areas of technical, content, and off-page SEO. If you’re confident with sitemap and robots.txt audits and have experience with comprehensive SEO content strategies, but also have a passion for client communication and data science then this position is for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Architect comprehensive SEO strategies and tactics for national and international brands, including multi-location brands
- Exceptional analytical capabilities paired with effective client communication skills
- Deep experience in hyperlocal SEO, including location business listing management across dozens of online directories with enterprise level software (Yext, Reputation.com, BrightLocal, etc.)
- Use enterprise software to monitor, analyze and enhance ratings and reviews for thousands of business locations
- Conduct business listing SEO audits to execute optimizations, improve location consistency, remove location duplicates and identify other off-page SEO opportunities
- Managing Enterprise-level SEO software (BrightEdge, Conduect, etc.) with multi-engine and multi-language hyperlocal keyword rank tracking capabilities
- Monitor, analyze and provide insights on website SEO performance on a monthly and weekly basis with direct client interaction
- Technical SEO expertise: hreflang, canonical URLs, XML sitemaps, robots.txt, 301 redirects, schema markup, internal/external linking strategies, international CMS website architectures, country/language URLs, title tag optimization, and more
- Work with the SVP, Integrated Search and Director of SEO to develop new SEO client initiatives and team training
- Work with the Director of SEO to manage tasks, workloads and projects across a large SEO team comprised of Analysts and Strategists that will be assisting the SEO Manager
- Exhibit confident communication skills to effectively present tactical plans and SEO performance to clients
- Proactively identify new keyword opportunities, then recommend detailed action to capitalize on them – pushing ideation, to execution, and all the way to completion
- Maintain a constant pulse on the organic search engine health across the globe at an aggregate level, as well as hyperlocal-level
- Manage link building strategies and techniques by pushing the creative boundaries of relationship building, content outreach and thought leadership across multiple verticals
- Consult and work directly with our internal and external website development partners and firms to implement your recommendations
- Champion department processes, stay current on SEO industry trends and best practices
- Review and document the impact of significant site changes, algorithm updates, events and other key drivers of organic traffic and organic-driven client KPIs
- Perform SEO competitive SWOT analysis to identify areas of opportunities and threats from competitor activity to algorithm updates
- Traveling overnight as required.
- Driving long distances as required.
- Job requires sitting for extended periods of time with occasional walking and standing and occasionally lifting or carrying articles weighing less than 10 pounds.
What you bring:
- You should have intimate experience with site crawling tools, enterprise-level SEO software, keyword ranking tracking, hyperlocal SEO, listings management platforms, and website architecture best practices.
- In addition to strategy, you will be responsible for owning weekly status meetings, project reporting, and ensuring performance is meeting client objectives.
- 3+ years experience in online marketing, including a minimum of 2+ years working leading SEO initiatives for large brands
- Proven track record of successful client relationship development
- Proven success at improving organic rankings for international websites
- Skilled in:
- SEO platforms (examples: BrightEdge, Conductor, Searchmetrics, Majestic SEO, etc.)
- Site crawlers (examples: Screaming Frog SEO Spider, Deepcrawl)
- Competitive analysis and keyword research tools
- Experience with Listings Management platforms (examples: Yext, Reputation.com, etc.
- Intimate experience of Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and Bing Webmaster Tools
- CMS such as Adobe Experience Manager, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.
- Language translation and localization platforms and processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising/Marketing, Business, PR/Communications, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience
- Independent spirit
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- A drive for innovation
Why you’ll want to work at Tombras:
- New, Modern offices in downtown Knoxville/Buckhead
- Dog-friendly office (Knoxville)
- Casual dress
- Highly collaborative and high-energy work environment
- Competitive salaries
- Benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) and more
- Company culture of promotions from within and an atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
Tombras is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. Job may require traveling overnight, driving long distances as required and sitting for extended periods of time with occasional walking and standing and occasionally lifting or carrying articles weighing less than 10 pounds.
Tombras Offices and Locations: New York City, NY Charlotte, NC Atlanta, GA Washington, DC Knoxville, TN Nashville, TN